What personal information do we collect and how?
We collect personal information about you that is relevant to your travel arrangements that will enable us to provide you with our goods and services.
For example, we may collect details such as your name, email address, telephone number, flight details, passport or visa information and other travel related details.
How we collect your information is directly from you whether it be through our online booking form, email or over the phone. We may also collect your personal information from others who are making a booking on your behalf such as your travel agent or another third party booking agent.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with our travel products and services
- Assist us in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as tour and transport companies, visa suppliers and third party hostels/hotels)
- Collect and process payments through us or a third party
- Perform all other administrative and operational tasks relating to your travel arrangements
- Provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you. Please see section titled ‘Marketing and Privacy’ for more information
See also sections titled ‘Cookies & Google Analytics’
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Suppliers of products or services which you have chosen to book (such as tour and transport companies, visa suppliers and third party hostels/hotels)
- Third party travel services providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made
- Third parties when we contract out some of our trip activities
- Local Government authorities in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency
- Others where we are authorised or required by law to do so
Marketing and Privacy
Serving customers well is very important to us. As part of this service, we may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in. We may contact you from time to time to let you know about new or exciting products or services and special offers that may be of interest to you, including information about our business partners’ products and services. We may also use your information to contact you in conducting internal surveys.
We at Vietnam Backpacker Hostels have the utmost respect for our customers’ privacy. In no way will we violate this philosophy. We will not release any information gathered about our customers. Any information gathered will be compiled and used for our statistical purpose to help us enhance the overall experience for our customers.
Cookies & Google Analytics
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in our Statement on Cookies.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
If you do not wish to use a cookie, you can adjust your browser settings to reject cookies or notify you when they are being used. This does however mean you won’t be able to book on our website or use all of the features.
You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which you may access here.
Privacy concerns or complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about our handling of your personal information please contact [email protected] We take all privacy concerns seriously and will respond appropriately and as soon as practicable.
Our customers have been our number one priority and will continue to be in the future.